Saturday, August 05, 2006

THE SETTING SUN

Friday was a some what strange day in Southern California as I woke-up to rain the morning but only a few hours later the sun was brightly shining all around and good times were had at Huntington Beach.

For the first time in roughly 15 years I went swimming in the ocean. I don't know mean just sticking me feet in the water so it only gets ankle deep, I mean I was all out in the waves having an amazing time. Makes me wonder why it took me so long to get back in the ocean.

In a lot of ways I felt like a kid who just hit his first home run in little league. It was just a blast to interact with everyone in the ocean for about 90 minutes.

The last weekend here is going to be quite interesting. I have enjoyed this journey / adventure / experience so much more than even I anticipated. I can not truly describe how bittersweet it is to be leaving. I am going to miss everything that is going on here so much. More than I can even describe. However, I can not wait to see what God has for the next chapter of my life.

I will update more once I return to the midwest. Enjoy the Pacific Coast ...



1 Comments:

  • wow-- check out that sunset... and those waves.. amazing. Makes me miss the pacific coast that much more...


    Stephen- I know this has been an amazing journey for you... thanks for sharing it with us this summer. I know you will miss LA, but we are excited to have you back here with us-- and I am excited to hear what God has been doing in your life. Take care friend! I will be praying that you have a safe journey back!

    By Blogger Jen, at 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home