Friday, July 28, 2006

TENNIS NIGHT

So I have finally seen a live professional tennis event. And it was worth it!

On Tuesday evening I ventured out to the tennis center on the campus at UCLA to watch the Countrywide Tennis Classic for $40.

The main attraction was a chance to finally watch Andre Agassi live before he retires at the end of the US Open in September. I have admired the guys game for years and this was really my first legit chance to see him in-person. It was such an awesome experience. After looking kind of rusty and dropping the first set Agassi cruised, and I mean cruised, to an entertaining three-set win.

In addition to watching Agassi play in front of a soldout crowd (about 7200 people), I got to watch the #1 doubles team in the world - Bob & Mike Bryan - prior to the Agassi match.

After the evenings play was complete, about 150 lined up for a chance at an Agassi autograph for about 30 minutes but unfortunately he snuck out the back door and didn't sign any. Oh well, still a fun evening!!

It is one thing to watch professional tennis on TV; it is a completely different thing to watch it in person. I have played tennis at a fairly competitive level for about 15 years and these guys are just amazing to watch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home