Friday, August 04, 2006

FINAL VENTURE TO SKID ROW

So after 10 weeks of visits to the Union Rescue Mission to clean toilets, serve meals and help out with various events I had to say "so long" to one of my favorite places during my time in L.A.

The people that I have met during my time there have shown me so much about so many different things. More specifically, I will always have a fond memory of Victor (pictured). This guy's story about being addicated to a variety of things and being able to get help and live a life that is God honoring is so freakin' inspiring.

The full-time kitchen staff was a fun bunch of people. It was such an "experience" each time I stepped into that place to serve a meal. I will miss them greatly.

I also will never, ever forget the first time I served there the first Saturday in June when cleaning out the public toilets in the back alleyway of the mission. Talk about being faithful in the small things!

Each and everytime I went down there, the emotions that ran through my body were countless to remember. Feelings of sadness, hope, love, grace and optimism just to name a few. Did I make any impact on anyones life down there? I may never know. However, I do know that they have made an impact on mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home