Saturday, July 29, 2006

BASEBALL TIME

So over the past two days (well actually during a 20 hour period) I went to two ballgame at two entirely different areas of Southern California. All this to prove that baseball is a great way to craft relationship.

On Friday night I went to watch former South Bend Silver Hawks pitcher A.J. Shappi - who is now playing with the Lancaster Jethawks - and hang out with his wife, Katie, and another friend Raynel. There is something always fun to chat and catch-up with people at a ballgame.

I got to know the three of them fairly well during their time in Northern Indiana last summer. Just a great bunch of people. More over, A.J. came and spoke a little bit at nevaeH last summer. He is one of the coolest guys around. It's like, have you ever been around people that just make you smile? That's kind of how I feel about them.

Unfortunately the Jethawks lost the game 9-2 but A.J. pitched fairly well. Only three of the runs he gave up were earned in seven innings of work.

Then on Saturday afternoon me and Winston went to the Dodgers-Nationals game. I have gotten to know Winston fairly well the past few weeks and it has been great to connect with him. He has got some amazing stories that he has shared with me and I truly count it an honor to have been able to speak into his life the past month or so.

He graduated from UCLA a few years back and has been apart of some interesting things since then. Personally I take great pride in the fact that can beat him in ping-pong -- HA!!

If the reason that God has put me out here this summer was to connect with him then so be it. Then I count this experience and summer and major victory in the advancement of God's kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home