Monday, June 26, 2006

YELO & PERSONALITY TESTS

For the past few years Mosaic holds a leadership training event that based around the Myers-Briggs and Strength Finders Personality test. The event, formerly called Launch, was renamed to Yelo because the Mosaic wants people to live in the "yellow of life"; by that they mean don't be the normal blue (about 50% of people's favorite color is blue) and be average but step out into a life a adventure beyond the normal.

I was pretty excited to hear about the different ways that using the personality tests can help you interact better with those around. The event did not dissapoint. Plus I got to meet some new people and get them a little better connected. The day was certainly a win!

The Strength Finders test is done by the Gallup group and they break down for everyone who take the test the top 5 themes of the 34 "themes of talent" they have come up with over the last 7-8 years. We spent most of the morning in four different break-out sessions were each theme was discussed in detail along with some group interaction. And I did a whole lot of note taking. Previously I told you what my strengths are but, here's a little discription of each:

Belief - I have a set of core values that is enduring to me and make me a person who is trustworhty
Relator - I have a close group of friends that I enjoy interacting with. We know are strengths and weaknesses.
Includer - I have to make sure that no one is left out and everyone is engaged in the setting.
Woo (Winning Others Over) - I enjoy the challenge of getting to know others
Self-Assurance - I have faith in who I am and I am self-confident in that.

So there you go, there's a very brief look at some of my top five strengths. Mosaic is uber-big on using each persons strength correctly, so to speak. Two very interesting things for the test: #1) The chances that someone in the U.S. has the same strengths in the exact order is 1 in 33 million & 2) If I took the test over again, there is a 89% chances that the top would remain the same. Interesting!

OK, after lunch we all came back together as a large group were Eric Bryant and Steve Sacone each gave a 45 minute talk before Erwin closed the day with an hour long Q&A that was great.

1 Comments:

  • Glad you took notes... i'm hoping you'll let us have a peak at them!

    By Blogger Lon, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home