Thursday, June 22, 2006

FROM TUESDAY, JUNE 20

This was a fairly interesting last nine hours of this day. It was kind of odd for me personally because the third Tuesday of June meant that I was at the Midwest League All-Star game the last three years. Something that I looked forward to a great deal and not being there this year just kept reminding me how my life is in a totally different direction.

After meeting with Dana for our weekly gathering were we chatted about earthquakes, family and methods of getting people connected at Mosaic I had about two hours to grab some dinner and relax for a little bit before heading to the USC area for the evening with Braden.

Around 7:30 the two of us got together with Scott from Mosaic for about 90 minutes were we talked at great lengths of how to connect our passions in life and how that can help people who are searching out this whole Christian deal. He brought up a few good questions (in this order):

What are you centraling revolving your life around?
How can you better connect with that? (Three Ways)
How can you add value to others lives with those three ways?

Once again, I am proven dumb that something so obvious eludes me. Of course, I think that it eludes a lot of people as well!

After our gathering with Scott we met up with a group of students on the USC campus. After telling all of them I was a Texas Longhorns fan, they still let me be apart of the discussion! ;-)

What an amazing three hours of talk with some awesome Peanut Butter cookies. In the group of 10, I have rarely felt a level of open-ness with complete strangers in my entire life. It was just another cool moment that I was glad to be apart of. We talk about a wide variety of stuff like wedding gifts, moving, work, relationships, helping others and how people perceive you among other things.

The one question that got a really good flow to it: Why do people procrastinate to the last minute all the time? I thought that I came up with a solid answer:

A: Procrastination is a habit that will not be broken until you fail or don't experience success at the task you just procrastinated on.

Hey, I thought it made sense. It was an amazingly fun evening to interact with a group of 20-somethings. Even if it was on USC's campus - HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home