Thursday, June 15, 2006

PILE OF "GOO"

I some how came across this free ticket to the taping of a show called "CD USA" on Direct TV channel 101. I was very fortunate that the Goo Goo Dolls were the headlining act. So I figured since I had nothing really pressing to do on late Thursday afternoon, why not go?!?

There were only about 350/400 people that got tickets for the hour long taping at the KTLA studios in Hollywood. I arrived at 3:30 p.m. like the ticket said and finally I was inside the studio at 5:00 p.m.

Prior to heading into the studio I got to talk about Mosaic and my internship to a group of five friends for about 10-15 minutes. They were extremely intrigued about church being held in a dance club. I think they might even show-up sometime. It was a very cool moment.

It was very interesting to be apart of the taping process. We were being directed one way then another, then another, etc., etc. ... Former lead singer of Creed, Scott Stapp, sang two songs then Three Days Grace did one and after about 30 minutes of interviews and ("yawn") things to video tape the Goo Goo Dolls came on and rocked out a 70-minute set.

Not a bad performance and since it was free, who I am to complain! They played all their hits from, Slide, Iris, Better Days, etc. ... It was fun time to be apart of it and it was all done by 7:15 p.m. I mean, only in L.A. I was considering going to their concert in a few weeks but that was at least $30 and free, is well, free!

If you have Direct TV, I think it's on this Saturday. Not really sure though.

1 Comments:

  • sounds like you had a great time! That's the nice thing about LA always stuff to do like that!

    Pray'n for you!

    By Blogger Kevin Coates, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home