Tuesday, June 06, 2006

L.A. THOUGHTS FOR WEEK #1

Alright, so I have been involved in the L.A. culture/environment for a week now and here are some of my observations. (call them over-analytical if you'd like)

* Being three hours behind the eastern time zone is really odd. I mean, REALLY odd!

* Driving in L.A. isn't about driving offensively, it's more about testing your patience

* It's expensive. I mean everything. Not that I was really expected something different but until you experience paying $3.25/gallon for gas or $10.00 for a movie ticket you not prepared for it. on the bright side, Starbucks is the same and so is Chipotle as the midwest ;-)

* The movie "Crash" is fairly accurate. By that I mean, people around here really want to be left alone and not pumped into. Even today I was walking down the sidewalk and it was just me and another guy and I looked up to say "Hi" and he never even turned his head toward me

* If you are white you are the minority. Once again, not surprised by this but until you walk around and really take that fact in; well, it's interesting. You actually find stuff about yourself you never really knew was there

* FINALLY, I am so glad that I am out here for the summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home