Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'VE ARRIVED!!

I have finally made it to sunny So-Cal!!! I can't even describe what it was like to go through southern Utah and driving by a sign that said, "No Services Next 106 Miles" on Sunday afternoon ... That's kind of freaky.

The views in Utah were either one of two things. Boring or absolutely stunning! The picture does no justice to how amazing some of the rock formations are. At one point during my drive in Utah it started snowing! Yes, snow in May at 11,000+ feet!

Southern Utah at its "finest"

After "getting through" Utah and doing some chatting on the phone, I finally made it to Las Vegas on Sunday evening around 7 p.m. local time. That town is not for me. It just felt kind of evil from the moment I stepped foot outside my car. The fountain show at the Belligo Hotel was pretty cool to watch though but overall, the town is overrated!

On Monday I drove all the way to Monterey, CA to see Jon and catch up with him for a little bit. I got to see the famous 18th green at Pebble Beach Golf Club. Oh my what an amazing view!

The famed 18th Green at Pebble Beach!!

Dinner with the Anderstrom's at Bubble Gumps!

So now I am just about done moving into my room at William Carey University in beautiful sunny Pasadena!

SINCE FRIDAY AT 7 a.m.

- Just under 3,000 miles driven
- Around $300 in gas ($3.39/gallon is highest thus far!)
- Countless CD changes and phone calls!

I MADE IT!!

2 Comments:

  • woohoo! glad to hear that you made it safely... and thanks for calling me... um, woops, NEVER! haha. j/k. It's totally ok. I'm just glad to hear that you are there... and already it looks like you are having a blast. amazing.

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:40 PM  

  • Way to go slick you made it! Now the true adventure begins!

    By Blogger Kevin Coates, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home