Friday, May 26, 2006

TRAVEL DAY 1

I have successfully completed the longest day of driving in my life! From South Bend to Denver it took:

15 hours, 50 minutes and 1102 miles. That averages just under 70 mph. I am rather pleased. It wasn't that bad but I'm not sure I would recommend it either. I did get be-fuddled in Des Moines, IA and started going on I-35 South for three miles before I realized what in the world I was doing.

There isn't much of anything to see after Lincoln, NE. The last seven or so hours of the trip were filled with empty fields and a whole lot of nothing. Kind of felt like a Stephen King novel. THEN, in the middle of Nebraska there is this rapid dog in the middle of I-80 pulling along this dead deer in the medium. It felt like the twilight zone!

I found out that full tank of gas gets about 350 miles in my car. After four stops for gas, I spent right around $120 today in fuel!!!

Some other of the highlights included:

2 Rob Bell messages
1 Erwin McManus message
1 John Ortberg message

Keith Urban's "Golden Road"
Passion '05 soundtrack
Bruce Springsteen "Seeger Sessions"
Dashboard's Confessional "Greatest Hits"
David Gray "Life in Slow Motion AND
Norah Jones "Come of Away with Me"

You can also add about two hours of phone time to a variety of people. I'm a big fan of the speaker phone feature on my new phone!

Travel Day 2, no serious driving!

1 Comments:

  • Woohoo! I'm glad you made it! Let me just tell ya I was praying for you all day that day... :D Sounds like it was an interesting, but rather safe trip.

    ooo.. ps... you might want to put a link to this blog somewhere on your other blog... um, or maybe you did and I just didn't see it. :p

    By Blogger Jen, at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home