Saturday, May 27, 2006

"RELAXING" DAY

So today I just spent time around the greater Denver area. The highlight of the day was finally getting to the top of Mount Evans. It's the highest paved auto road in North America and at the peak it's altitude is 14,264 feet. The pictures below were taken from the drive-up the road that has no guard rails and has about 10 "switch backs" the final two miles of the drive. At the top of the mountain it was roughly 40 degrees with the windchill making it feel about 20 degrees on a day when it was 90 degrees in Denver!



This was my goat "friend" who blocked the road for a little bit!

This picture doesn't even come close to describing how amazing this view was!
Absolutely stunning!


The wind was gusty in this picture and I have nothing to fall back on but a big huge rock. But I've never been at 14,000+ feet so I have to live a little!

After the four-hour round trip journey that only lasted about 80 miles (a lot of slow driving), I went to Red Rocks then Boulder and walked the Pearl Street Mall (an outdoor street basically) for about two hours. I ran into a guy; talk about Buddhism for a little bit. That was fairly interesting then about five minutes after that chat I walked into a store that had a shirt with this quote on it:

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." -- Martin Luther King Jr. hmmm ...

Then I went to Flatirons Church which was about 20 minutes away and it was a great service as they kicked off their "Google Earth" series. Dinner was at Pasta Jay's back in Boulder and now I'm out for the night before traveling to Las Vegas on Sunday!

1 Comments:

  • ok.. so that picture of you on the mountian... um, freaking AMAZING!!!! Wow... what blue sky, glorious creation, amazing weather, and fun "pose"... sersiouly, after seeing some of that stuff I wonder how people can think there is NO God???

    By Blogger Jen, at 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home