Friday, June 02, 2006

UNIQUE EXPERIENCE

On Thursday evening all the interns went over to one of the full-time paid staff members house for a ice cream social to just hang-out and get to know a few people who work at Mosaic.

Most of the time I spent talking to some of the Tech and Arts department guys while watching Game 5 of the Mavs-Sun series at this house which had to cost at least $500,000. The conversation was outstanding and the house was absolutely stunning. I mean, just woah!

After 90 minutes of solid Q&A the gathering of 20 people or so is wrapping up and here's were the unique experience happens ...

... As I'm putting my flip-flops on there's a knock on the door. Not being my house I didn't want to open but I'm just five feet away and no one else is around so I figure I should unlock the door at greet whoever is at the there.

I un-lock and swing open the door and none other then Erwin McManus himself is there. Man, I wish I could have seen my face at that moment. We chatted for a brief moment and he introduced me to his two kids before he continued into the house.

It was so weird (for lack of a better word) to finally meet a guy who has just been a voice on my CD player and words in a book for the last two years. It was a unique experience I will never forget ... Very Cool moment God created for me! We stayed on chatted with him as a group for 10 minutes before leaving.

The group of Interns with Erwin on Thursday evening

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing your experiences on this blog. I'll definitely be following along!

    By Blogger Lon, at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home