Monday, June 12, 2006

SECOND SUNDAY AT MOSAIC

I was looking at a few pictures from the Origins Conference and found this picture of Erwin before he was ready to speak. Thought it was pretty sweet looking, so I wanted to share.

------------------------

My Sunday morning started at 6:45 a.m. (man, when was the last time I got up that early on a Sunday!). Anyway ... Went to Starbucks for about 1/2 hour to go through some Character Matrix stuff over a tall coffee and banana bran muffin.

I arrived at the Pasadena location at 7:45 to start the set-up process. My Cafe Mosaic friends arrived at the same time and in about 40 minutes we were set-up ready to roll as were the other 10-12 tents are set-up right outside the autorium. It almost utterly shocks me to everything ready to go at Pasadena in about a 1/2 hour.


My main goal is not about being apart of the praise/worship or hear Erwin's message each Sunday morning. If there is one thing that is very evident and apart of the Ethos of Mosaic is, you are a Christian and church isn't about you. I love being involved with that but things were slower and the head lady told me to go to the 9 a.m. service.

After service I served some more muffins and O.J. to the congregation. and the 11 a.m. service started and break-down began and by 1 p.m. the Pasadena location was done and onward to downtown L.A. and the Mayan services.

The heart of service at Mosaic, at least in my opinion, has to be setting up everything at the dance club. There are about 300 chairs to move, 30 tables to clean, hundreds of cigeratte butts to pick, four bathrooms to service and one huge dance floor to sweep and mop among other thigns that need to be completed. Oh, man it's awesome to see it come together in about 90 minutes. I mean, until you actually see it and get your hands involved with you will never truly know how neat and amazing it is!!

Once it was all complete I helped out the connection team by ushering in the balcony at the club. The 5 p.m. service was pretty full (about 400) and the 7 p.m. was much bigger than normal (about 275). It was so fun to be an usher and greet people. A full-time staff member said, "You are always so friendly"

The compliment is great and much appreciated but I quickly explained to that staff member that God is making me interact with people to learn this patience deal, again. I used to love people and be involved with their lives. I some how began bitter and well, I will learn patience and a positive attitude all over again. It is funny that I am involved with all these things with people since I have been out here that requires a smile. Hmmm ... pretty sure God is doing something there.

I actually got to hear the message three times from Erwin. It was really interesting to see how while the message stayed the same, the presentation differed from the previous one. I'm curious to see what they use for the podcast. Very interesting message ...

After the service the break-down took about an hour and another Sunday is complete. It is so fun to be apart of what God is doing at Mosaic and in L.A.

2 Comments:

  • sounds like quite the day! thanks for sharing, i'm throughly intrigued.

    By Blogger Lon, at 1:50 PM  

  • Good work my friend, way to engage the basics! I love hearng how you are open and stretching yourself to be retrained and used by what and where God has called you to!

    Keep it up slappy!

    By Blogger Kevin Coates, at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home