Monday, June 26, 2006

SATURDAY AT "THE GREEK"

One thing that I really wanted to do while I was out here was go to see a concert at the Greek Theatre just outside of the Hollywood area. I got that chance on Saturday night after the Yelo event.

I went and saw Damien Rice and Fionna Apple for just under $30.00. I could really care less about Fionna Apple but I really like Damien Rice and it wasn't that expensive so I figured why not?

The place is absolutely amazing! It is just kind of tucked in the mountains and you really feel like you are no where near a big city. It's almost like a retreat. The atmosphere was everything I thought it would be and more.

As for the actually concert, Damien Rice was pretty good. I wish he would have played a lot longer (he was on-stage for about an hour) but while he was playing it was very solid. I would certainly like to see him live again. As the for the way-too-long Fionna Apple set, well it was certainly interesting if nothing else. That woman is just not right in the head. Her fans are just about as crazy/wierd as her! Made for a fun night!

The whole evening was really just nice "get-a-way" from everyone else in the group and just a nice way to re-energize!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home