Saturday, July 08, 2006

DODGER GAME

Finally went to my first Dodgers game on Friday were the home team played their up-state rival the San Fransico Giants. I knew the two teams had a fairly good rivalry going but it's not far off for the rivalry of the Red Sox/Yankees or White Sox/Cubs.

The game itself was highly entertaining. In the bottom of the 8th Nomar Garciparria hit a two-run homerun to break a 6-6 tie as the Dodgers went on to win the game 9-7. In addition to that there were numerous Barry Bonds jeers, boos, etc. through out the evening. He did, however, he a 450-foot bomb of a homerun in the fifth inning. I can't stand the guy but it was an impressive homerun.

As for the experience of watching a game at the famed Chavez Ravine, I was pretty impressed. The lady at my ticket window was very friendly as I paid for my $17 seat (as seen in the picture). To make for an even better evening, it was hat giveaway night so I walked away with a free Dodger hat.

I didn't buy anything except for my $5 program (reasonable price) because the concession are pretty much out of this world expensive. I didn't pay to park because nearby is a park were people just line their cars along the street for free and the walk isn't much farther than the $10.00 you'd pay otherwise. Welcome to MLB in a big-time city:

$3.50 - Soft Pretzel
$4.50 - Dodger Dog
$6.00 - Nacho
$5.50 - Souvenir Cup Soda

Overall, it was a great time. It was made even better because of a great game that featured some great action through out. And on top of that, the fans were friendly. Looking forward to going back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home