Tuesday, July 11, 2006

MISSION STATEMENT

Here's a task that I wasn't ready to undertake. We all live our lives everyday based on our purpose, mission, core values, etc. but have you ever taken the time to actually write out and investigate what your personal Mission Statement is for your life?

Sounds pretty simple, just take a few minutes to scribble down a few words on blank sheet of paper and BAM! ... You have the statement to live your life by! Not so simple!

It took me a long time and many hours reading through scripture along Lake Ave. to finally come to the conclusion of what my Mission Statement will be from this day forward.

First I wrote out what I thought would be it:

"To be living a life that is first, and foremost, dedicated to the advancement of God's kingdom on a daily basis; by being servant and letting the needs of what God wants to be more than mine."

OK, sounded good and that was that but the more I looked at it, wrestled with it and mulled over it; it was crap at least to me.

I started writing down some words and phrases that I wanted to be known by:

- Connected to God
- Surrended
- Love God, Love People
- Grace
- Trust
- Integrity
- Humility
- Courage
- Servanthood
- Faithful
- Whole
- Grateful
- Leader
- Compassion

Then I with that kind of as the back drop, I started going over some verse and passages in the Bible that help reflect that --

Matthew 11:12, Matthew 8:20, Luke 11:35-36, Matthew 20:27-28, Luke 11:17, Matthew 15:18, Luke 12: 33-34, Luke 16:10, Matthew 5:44-46, Eccl. 3:11, Romans 6:13, Romans 12:8, James 1:2-6, Genesis 1:27

Please feel free to look all of them up. I hope it is worth you time to wrestle with those verses and what they mean in your life. After all that and many moments of thought, here's my Mission Statement for my Life:

"To be built in Christ's character to further the advancement of God's Kingdom"

(Genesis 1:27 & Matthew 11:12)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home