Saturday, July 15, 2006

MOSAIC BASKETBALL LEAGUE

Every Saturday I "play" in the Mosaic Basketball League on the Pasadena team that consist of about nine other guys on a weekly basis. I put the word play in quotes because I do more of the running up and down the court then actually playing.

In the four (or is it five?) games I have played this summer, I am a combined 0-for-10 for the field! Yes, I haven't scored a single point yet. I am like the Ben Wallace or the Dennis Rodman of the MBA as I give a solid effort by rebounding and playing defense but I offer not much more from a basketball standpoint.

However, the whole point of the league is not about playing basketball. There are a lot of individuals in the eight team league that come just for the hoops and now have started their journey with Christ by coming to Mosaic on a regular basis. It's been very cool to watch the leaders at Mosaic care more about the people then the outcome of the game.

Today was a cool experience for me as I was talking to the referee, who is not a Christ-Follower, about what Mosaic is all about and how God has things in your life that He will do if you allow Him to move through you. A neat little moment after going 0-for-3 from the field with two rebounds! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home